Thursday, February 27, 2014


A few years ago I read a book called Eat Pray Love.
It resonated so I thought I'd encounter on my own journey and call it Eat Sail Love. Spend a year on my own. Kids gone off to school, not sure of the next step but definitely finding my way.

The first trimester I cooked for friends, took a few cooking classes, and concentrated on trying new things to eat.
The 2nd trimester I headed to the Caribbean and captained, played, raced, worked, and enjoyed the warmth of the islands.
The 3rd I started out as a captain in the Chesapeake and there I had my first date with Eric. It was a race  on his 16' cat with me driving a downwind start, spinnaker flying, double trapezes, and we won!

We've been together ever since. Well maybe not physically since he lives in Ct and I live in Cali, but we are getting married in June!

So the third tri was all about love.
It started as loving my family and friends, and blossomed into something bigger.
Finding a life partner.

How cool is that?!?

The EATSAILOVE journey continues as we buy a cruising cat, marry in the BVI's on a tiny uninhabited island, and move in together.

Follow us as we buy our cat, make her beautiful, plan the long cruise in warm waters, and follow our life long dreams of seeing the world by water.






No comments:

Post a Comment